Fergus Crest Question

Jennifer Green

Took a photo today in great light. He had just had a shower after a humid ride so he is wet. I think we’re making slow but steady progress and I’m very pleased with how he looks but I do realize there’s still work to be done. Energy level has been great since the addition of flax (yay!). We’ve got some pep back without the anxious edginess.

Do you think there’s more fat to come off his crest based on today’s progress photo? I for sure think there’s more to come off the belly, but I’m torn on crest expectations. I don’t think he’ll ever have a thin neck because it appears he’s some sort of draft pony cross, but then I wonder if by saying that it’s just me making up excuses (again) to justify the situation.

--
J.Green
MA, USA