Re: Need help with path forward for severe rotation

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

The trim is definitely the most pressing issue here but I'd like to address the phenylbutazone use. Bute + omeprazole increases colonic damage https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32697849/ .  It is also interfering with abscess mobilization, circulation and healing in general. As I'm sure you have noticed, it doesn't do much for the pain anyway. I would order her some Phyto-Quench pellets https://uckele.com/phyto-quench-pellet.html [use coupon code ECIR] and once you start that begin to taper off the bute - 1.5 g for 2 days, 1 g for 2 days, 0.5 g for 2 days.