Re: Please help me with my beloved mare #photo

Sherry Morse

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for posting the hoof pictures.  It would be most helpful to have the hoof on a flat surface but her heels appear to be a bit underrun.  Was she trimmed again when the appliances were removed?

The bulge is possibly an abscess about to come out (which may or may not be related to the inflammation noted by the vet).

If you post a new topic/send a new email with the subject "Trim help needed Lavinia" or something like that Lavinia will be able to take a look and possibly offer you advice on the trim but again, it's most helpful to have the hoof on a flat surface so it can really be seen.