Re: Posted latest case history for Scooter-high insulin and diagnosed with mild heaves-need help

Rhonda Turley

I thought the front hoof abcesses that were troubling might be caused by the seasonal rise so on your advice from this wonderful group I tritrated up to 1.5 mg of Prascend and this definitely seems to have helped get rid of his hoof problems.(testing revealed a rise in his ACTH numbers).  I will have him retested in November.  Any recommendations for safe for PPID horses with heaves, medicines/herbs? (vet who diagnosed him had no ideas other than steroids).
--
Rhonda Turley
Brampton, Ontario