Re: Updated photos - Lavinia can you comments on today’s trim?

Rita Chavez

Hi Sherry, thank you. His crest is much softer that in June. It has gone down a little. But I can’t call it “squishy”. I’m not taking anything off his soles. Just rasping hoof walls to re-level them and keep about 1/4” all around for some support. We’re very lucky to have soft sand where we live and it cups his feet. I’m diligently working on those toes! My instinct is to go slowly, remove a bit more each week and watch how he’s moving. I have now reached the white line on both front toes and removed about an inch so far. Honestly I’m looking forward to new rads!

--
Rita C. and Stetson (2001 Tennessee Walking Horse/Gelding, diagnosed IR)
Aiken, South Carolina USA

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Rita%20C.%20and%20Stetson