Re: Hoof trim pics

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Lamourah,

In the pictures that are posted, there does not appear to be any extra sole, as the sole is fairly flat. There is a laminar wedge visible in the dorsal views and in the laterals, although that is being taken out of direct ground contact to some degree. Her heels are underrun and appear to be too low relative to the vertical height in the front half of the foot, with the RF being worse than the LF. What is the depth of the collateral grooves at their deepest points? Here is some reading to help explain what I'm looking at:

https://www.hoofrehab.com/HeelHeight.html

https://www.hoofrehab.com/HorsesSole.html

https://www.hoofrehab.com/Breakover.html

https://www.hoofrehab.com/DistalDescent.htm

https://www.hoofrehab.com/Coronet.html

I believe a couple of the photos are mislabeled: medial right should be lateral right and the medial left should be lateral left. Medial is the inside of the foot, lateral is the outside.

Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR