Anhidrosis and itchiness

Trudyadams@...

Two of my Hanoverian mares who have Cushings developed Anhidrosis suddenly this Summer in mid July. They had never displayed this problem before.  Suggestions besides keeping them in under fans during the heat of the day.  Also one of the mares has had itchiness which she has had for over a year now.  It doesn't seem to be a normal seasonal allergy or sweet itch.  I know Cushings can cause the skin to be dry but have her on Coolstance which is a safe way to give her Omega for skin in her diet. My Veterinarian suggested Zyrtec or Ceritizine , 10 tablets twice a day.  I was wondering if this was the best way to treat and can she stay on this antihistamine year round as the itchiness was occurring last year in the Winter.  I do a trace clip on all 3 of my mares to help with sweating when working them in the Winter.  I do blanket at night when in their stalls and put sheets when turning them out during the day if it is colder than 40 degrees.  Thanks
--
Trudy Adams SC 2019
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Trudy%20and%20Ani