Re: Anhidrosis and itchiness

Hi Trudy,
I don’t see any recent bloodwork in your case history files.  From what I can tell, your mare, Ani, was tested positive for PPID in fall of 2019.  You began treating her with 1 mg of pergolide but have not tested since. So, you don’t really know if 1 mg of pergolide was enough to manage her PPID at that point, nor do you know if you’re giving enough pergolide to treat this progressive disease several years later.
Anhydrosis often comes with PPID but I don’t think that it always goes away with adequate PPID treatment.  The itchiness, though, might well disappear with more pergolide.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo