Rose update

Thurstonjs@...

My vet came yesterday for fall shots, dental exams, gathered manure for her fecal etc. She thought Rose looked good but to watch her crest, not as smooth as before. I had her fasting so blood could be drawn for an updated metabolic test. I should get the results Friday or Monday. I told her I had stopped feeding Tribute Essential K and Super Sport and that I was looking for another supplement for her vitamin/minerals. She suggested Grow & Win, said you don't have feed a lot. I let it go, I didn't feel comfortable telling her I wasn't going to feed it. Just wasn't the time.

She also took. A blood sample from my gelding for testing. He is probably IR, on Thyro-L due to weight but never tested. His weight looks good now but there are some subtle signs possibly pointing to Cushings. I will start a case history for him when I get those results back. I am feeding him the same diet now as Rose but not same amounts.

I did order California Trace Plus for both horses and their magnesium and picked up the TC flax today.

They will get:
TC Balanced Cubes
SaltĀ
Flax
California Trace Plus
Magnesium
10% or less grass hay (taking into account how much cubes they get)

The CA Plus has 1950iu Vitamin E. Do I still need to supplement the Vitamin E?

I am hoping this will help both horses and prepare them for winter too.
--
Jackie Thurston
Suffolk, VA 2021