Re: How to Store Pergolide Once Blister Foil is opened?

Maxine McArthur

Suzanne, I just put the remainder of the pill back in the foil and fold it over, then put it in a sealed container in the door of the refrigerator. As you are titrating up, it is only for a few days that you'll need to do this. It shouldn't affect the efficacy of the medication very much. I use a pill cutter if I need 1/4, or you can dissolve 1/2 in, say, 10cc of water, and give 5cc each day. Personally, I prefer to use the pill cutter, but you do need a good sharp one so that you don't waste any crumbs of the pill. If you use the dissolve method, you'd keep the remainder in the fridge until the next day.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response