Re: seasonal rise complications part two- Laminitis?

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Trisha,

Her latest insulin is nowhere near high enough to be causing laminitis, and her ACTH is excellent so I think you can rule out that possibility and focus instead on her trim and the arthritic changes.  She has very thin soles, so that can be a source of pain on its own and that us a hood reason to keep her in well padded boots if you're not already.  But I would start trying some of the pain relief suggestions from Sherry, and maybe ask Lavinia how to optimize Dolly's trim.  With arthritic changes, keeping the trim very tight can help a lot with minimizing pain.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History