Re: AVRIO Pharmacy - Change in capsules

Laura Risley

Hi Joy!

I'm sorry that I did not update earlier on the change in oil-base and that you weren't told when you placed your order.  I want to reassure you, and the others, that we are indeed using an oil base - MCT (medium-chain trigylceride) oil.  it is the preferred oil here.  The suspension will be white rather than cloudy.  If the particles you are seeing are darkish in color, that is actually the powdered molasses flavoring.  We have ordered an oil-based liquid flavor for the future that will mix better. I took a look at a couple orders in lab and they are mixing well - except for the flavoring settling out - the liquid does appear milky and thinner.

I hope this helps!  Please let me know if you have other questions!

--
Laura Risley, PharmD
Pharmacist at Avrio Pharmacy (Pet Health division)