Re: Magnesium

Jackie, when you first add the table salt (NaCl) to your horse’s meal, she may be a bit put off.  You may need to add it gradually, increasing the amount over time.  I put the extra on top of the hay, sometimes adding water to help it stick if they hay isn’t wet from soaking.  I’ve never had the hay refused because of the salt but I have had some bucket food refused for that reason.
You won’t need to do that with the magnesium salt (MgOx) because it doesn’t have a ‘salty’ taste.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo