Re: DEWORMING PROTOCOL FOR PPID GELDING

Maxine McArthur

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 06:24 AM, Cass in NorCal wrote:
If you have a kitchen gram scale, I suggest you  “calibrate” the measure enclosed in the Strongid bucket. The measures in my buckets under-weigh the recommended dosages for both my horses. IOW the markings on the side were inaccurate in estimating the weight of the pellets printed on the measure.
I would suggest doing this for every product you buy that comes with its own scoop. I just weighed the amount of balancer pellets in the manufacturer's "50 gram" scoop. It came to 35g. So if I had trusted their scoop weight, I would have been under-dosing my horses.

Canberra, Australia 2010
ECIR Primary Response