Re: Euthanasia within 24 hours

Candice Piraino

HI Amy,

I am so sorry to hear that you have had to make this tough call, but as their trusted owners, sometimes making a tough call is best. My heart goes out to you!

Honestly, if she were my horse, and I have tried everything under the sun to save her, I would let her have whatever she wanted for her last final day on this Earth. I am not a vet and unsure what Dr. Kellon would say, but as a fellow horse owner, if you have already made the appointment and it is in the horse's best interest, then yes by all means give her some turnout time.
--

Candice Piraino

Primary Response Team

September 2018, Summerfield, FL