Test not collected properly caused abn high reading?

Jane Hester

Been thinking how my horse with minimal PPID symptoms could have result of 995 on ACTH lab results. When the vet drew the blood, he forgot to take it with him. I happened to see in on top of tall cabinet about 2 hours later—so was in warm barn (80 degrees ish) all that time. Called vet as soon as I saw it and after 30 min or so, they asked if I could bring it to clinic. Got it there in 30 min and gave to receptionist. She took it back but don’t know what happened after that. Not sure if it was shaken. Could this be reason for unusually high reading? Thank you for your help!
--
Jane Hester in NC 2021