Re: Hemp Hulls and Hearts feed

Rita Chavez

Thank you, Kirsten. I’m reading through the files and will take a closer look at the whey options from Uckele and Mad Barn. And beginning to think I’m hyper-focused on his topline because for years it was always plumped up - and I thought it looked good and muscled. But it was a layer of fat. Now that he’s at his ideal weight, his entire frame is slimmer than my eyes are accustomed to seeing. Heck, even his butt cheeks. I don’t feel boney spine poking through so there is muscle there.

I don’t have a hay analysis because my storage for hay is quite small. My hay is delivered every two weeks and although I always order the straight Timothy (3-string 110 lb bales) the source is from many different locations across the US/Canada. It’s beautiful hay, green and leafy. He loves it, so I’m happy. Since he’s reached his ideal body weight he’s now eating 20 lbs each day, soaked & drained 30 minutes in hot water. I do wish hay analysis was something easily provided, because I’d love to stop soaking.

He has a dental appointment in December, and I was going to ask for blood pull at the same time. I’ve not noticed any reactions to seasonal rise. Even his winter coat seems slower to grow in this year.
--
Rita C. and Stetson (2001 Tennessee Walking Horse/Gelding, diagnosed IR)
Aiken, South Carolina USA

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Rita%20C.%20and%20Stetson