Re: Test not collected properly caused abn high reading?

Jane Hester

Makes me feel better to know I am not alone. Will have insulin and ACTH retested on next scheduled vet visit Nov 5. Is supposed to get fall shots and deworming on that visit—but thinking I shouldn’t do shots/deworming until is ACTH levels normalize and insulin/glucose re-tested. Especially since he is footsore on hard/gravel. If he is still footsore on Nov 5, will ask for X-rays to assess rotation. Any thought on worming/shots with ACTH so high? Going straight to 1 full Prascend tablet today per vet to get number down faster—wonder if 1 tablet will be enough? Thanks for your help. I’m pretty worried about my boy!
--
Jane Hester in NC 2021