Nitrate question

chemelle

Hello,
We just recently purchased our new hay for the next year. The PPM Nitrate-Nitrogen was listed as 832 (As-Fed) and 892 (Dry), Per the Nitrate guidelines I downloaded from ECIR I thought this fell solidly in the "safe" category (568-1136) for adapted animals and "slight" for unadapted animals. A fellow member went into this purchase with me and I received an message from her a couple days ago that Dr. Kellon warned her this hay was high for Nitrates and should be soaked as much as possible. How did I misread the guidelines or test results? A copy of the test results will be in my files.
--
Chemelle
Hillsboro, OR