Re: Reoccurring Hoof Abscess Help

millionairess1989

Dr Kellon, Laviania and Michele,

Thanks very much for the replies. I'll work on hoof photos tomorrow. My farrier is due out in 2 weeks and I'll see about moving that appointment up. He's commented that we can't get Mill to grow any heel and she's been like that forever.

I don't know that she will eat a pound of flax divided into 2 feedings. Would split peas be appropriate and how much would I need to feed?

Does she need regular Phyto-Quench or the pellet formula with Devil's Claw?

I'll get some Numotizine ordered. Is it harmful to use if there isn't an abscess brewing and Mill is just tender-footed??

I'm extremely grateful to Dr. Kellon, this group and the members for helping me take the best care of Mill that I can! It's hard to believe that almost 12 years have passed since her PPID diagnosis.

--
Jennifer in Middle TN  2010
 Mill 32 yrs Arabian-PPID, IR & Pacemaker Dependent

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Millionairess

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Jack-TN%20Walker