Re: Winter Coat is not coming in as usual

Nancy C

Hi Linda

My QH Skip -- PPID not IR -- always grew a great winter coat until two years ago when he was diagnosed as PPID.  Even though he is now controlled I have to blanket him at @ 32 degrees  F or he is shivering.  His coat is just not what it was when he was younger and without PPID.  He does hold his winter coat a little longer in the spring.  I test him minimum twice a year to make sure he is controlled in the teens.
__
Nancy C in NH

Recordings of the 2021 NO Laminitis! Conference released to attendees 09.03.21.
Veterinary Professional CE certification hours submitted to AAVSB Race 09.08.21