Re: Hay analysis -needs to be soaked or not for a EMS horse please

Edited

Hi Andrea,
Could you please post the hay analysis for us to have a peek?  You will need to create a case history folder on the CH subgroup in order to post.  While you’re there, maybe post a case history as well?  The difference between WSC and ESC is due to fructans, not fructose.  The fructans are longer chain molecules which will dissolve in water but not ethanol.  I’ve never seen that great a difference between WSC and ESC but I’ll admit to not having a lot of experience with unusual results.

I would say that you should go back to soaking for now and see if that relieves the pain.  If not, there may be an abscess brewing and your hay may be fine.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo