Re: Vitamin E for IR horse and non IR horse

Edited

It’s an **emergency** temporary diet. 2000 IU should avoid a frank deficiency. After that, the diet should be balanced. We don’t know why some horses store plenty of Vitamin E, others not so much. Like many here, I’ve taken the NRCPlus course to try understand my horses’ nutritional needs. For a number of nutrients, including Vitamin E, there’s a range of safe supplementation. Those ranges aren’t the central focus of this group. If you search Messages, you’ll see many discussions of Vitamin E that delve into some of it.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator