Re: Need comments on new X-rays showing more rotation, was Trim & Booting Advice Needed for Khan

Jessica Gunderson

I have added new photos. Khan was quite sore without boots on particularly on the left front so it was hard to get a good lateral photo.  My vet said not to take off her boots because making her stand on three legs will cause more damage as well as non-padded x-rays on blocks.  Is that true? I hope not as how will we ever get x-rays or trim her if that is true.  My vet is also very much against nerve blocking for x-rays and/or trim because of additional damage. When my vet says these things it makes me feel very scared. What can I do to get her safely x-rayed and trimmed?
--
Jessica and Khan
N.D., 2021