Re: Prascend Dosage & Increased ACTH Levels

Sherry Morse

As you probably are aware we don't recommend a fasting insulin test as it won't tell you any more than a non-fasting one would. If this ACTH was done before any other procedures it shows that his current dose of Prascend is not enough and needs to be increased.  Personally, I would redo the test at the same time as a non-fasting insulin to see if that number was correct or was raised by the nose bleed and anything else that was done prior to the blood draw.