Still a bit high insulin level for Scooter

Rhonda Turley

I had Scooter tested in November 11,2021 and his insulin level was sky high(1435).  Back up to earlier in the late summer he was on a mixture of straw and grass hay.  My vet had recommended this and it seemed worth a try and the result was the high insulin level.  I immediately got his diet changed (he lives in a large boarding stable) to no straw and timothy grass hay and his insulin/glucose/ACTH levels have gone down but his insulin level is a tiny bit high at 367 (should be under 300).  Is this a concern?
I also had Scooter checked for allergies at the same time.  Do allergies affect his ACTH/Glucose/Insulin levels?
His case history has been posted.
Otherwise he is very healthy and back in dressage  training and is getting fitter.
--
Rhonda Turley
Brampton, Ontario