PPID prevalance

Rhonda Turley

The boarding barn where I keep Scooter(PPID and EMS/IR) has another PPID horse just diagnosed recently(This owner did listen to me when I suggested testing for PPID). There is also another horse who was diagnosed with IR a year ago (but this horse has the symptoms of PPID.  I  have suggested to the owner that she have him tested for PPID as well but no response). A third horse was put down due to SL Desmitis over a year ago (but appeared to me exhibiting PPID symptoms.  I suggested to the owner that her mare needed to be tested for PPID, but no response.)  Currently the barn only has a total of 20 horses including my Scooter.  Is this prevalence normal??

Rhonda Turley
Brampton, Ontario
April 2020
Scooter and Rhonda