Re: Ground Flaxseed

Frances C

My second stupid question, this one for flaxseed gurus.  The shortage of 50 lb. bags of whole brown flaxseed had me scrambling. I found one at Wilco Farm Store in Yakima Wa. (big surprise!) It looks ok, smells ok but when I grind it I notice it has a lot of yellow particles in it. I remember someone in this group thinking their flax was contaminated with corn. The smell when it is ground is stronger than what I am used to. It is not an unpleasant smell, I don't think it is bad but perhaps it is old or is a late or early harvest? I wonder about its oil content.
--
- Frances C.
December 2017, Washington & California