Re: Dr. Kellon Please Review- New Test Results

Sherry Morse

Hi Chris,

Perhaps you missed my answer from yesterday: Re: Please Review- New Test Results (groups.io) but 1000% agree with Maxine that 1 - your vet is wrong, 2 - lowering the dose when he's not controlled on 2mg is asking for more trouble and 3 - given the lower than normal glucose I'd wonder about sample mishandling issues which are more of an indication that Prascend needs to be increased and then everything rechecked in 4 weeks or so.

You want to make sure he's well controlled going into the seasonal rise (which means upper teens/low 20s for most PPID horses) and looking at your case history he actually has never really been well controlled.