Normal lows of insulin

Maria Duran

Hello,

I am lately receiving too low numbers in analysis results of insulin in theoretically non fasted horses and I was wondering what´s exactly normal and what is not, so I have some questions please:

Non fasted horses:

- Which is the low normal for a healthy horse?
- Which is the low normal for an IR horse?

Fasted horses:

- Which is the low normal for a healthy horse?
- Which is the low normal for an IR horse?

I am quite frustrated that so many insulin analysis come at around 1.4 uU/ml and even 0.8 uU/ml and wondering if this is just normal or there is a bad handling in the lab, because I am quite sure the vet is doing it correctly.

Thank you very much.

--
María Durán Navarro
Dec 2017