Omega 3

Angie

I have been feeding ground flax seed to my horses but was told recently that because the horse has to convert the flax into Omega 3, it can cause inflammation.  Apparently fish oil does not cause inflammation. One horse has been battling loose stools for almost a year and I have tried different diets to no avail. But he's always been on the flax and Vitamin E throughout all the things we've tried.
It made me wonder if it could be the flax. He's been off flax for a couple of weeks now. So far, no change. Any information on flax causing inflammation out there?
--
Angie
October 2020, Mendocino County, CA

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Angie%20and%20Jacob