Laminitis, ppid and ir

maed@...

Hi,

Still working on my case history- not very tech savvy I’m afraid.  I’ve got most things entered in and saved but that’s as far as I’ve gotten.

And my horse Eli is having trouble with the Laminitis currently.  In the span of around 3 weeks I’ve had 3 vets look at him and X-rays done and labs.  About the only thing they talked about was the hoof trimming.  Right now he’s got rotation and sinking.  I’ve got his initial trim done, but I’m worried.  And any help would be much appreciated.  I’ve started soaking hay and I’m going to get the other ingredients for the emergency diet today.  He’s wearing the soft rides 24/7.

The labs were done on 4-29-22 -
    Insulin 82 (normal 0 - 42uu/ml)
    Atch 42 (baseline under 15 of/ml)
    Glucose 97 (normal 70 to 120 mg/dl)

He has a long history of insulin resistance and was diagnosed with Cushings about 2 years ago.  He’s on 1 mg Prascend every morning.

Thank you,

--
Mary E in Wi 2021