Re: Woody case history

Chris Hanson

Hi,
a lot of these questions will have answers when I can get my comments section done. In meantime I’ll do some formatting stuff and can answer some things here…

When was Woody's ACTH last checked?
it was checked during the summer and is (and has been) due for recheck. In meantime my vet did his shots (1 a week) first and blood test is test.

  Is that the 40.7 reading? No, it was higher than that, it’s a different test.

Was he already on Prascend at the time? no, and I had to push to get him tested because he shed out fine.

Has his insulin been checked since his diet has changed? not yet, that’s on the list with ATCH, glucose and leptin.

Is the beet pulp being rinsed/soaked/rinsed?  yes, till water is clear—lots of buckets of water.

As he's currently overweight you may want to re-evaluate his current feeding plan and stop the timothy pellets and LMF and decrease or stop the beet pulp as well.  You can use the timothy balance cubes for feeding supplements or use a minimal amount of beet pulp for that and decrease the amount of cubes as they are more calorie dense than hay.  Is the current amount of hay an actual amount or an estimate?
the hay is weighed in a bag.

--
Chris H in CA 2021