Re: Question - laminitis or too much trim?

Pat

Edited

Thank-you. I am arranging a vet appointment for a test and hoof x-rays.  Willow's test results fell within normal range last time from the vet's perspective - 14.  When I entered the numbers into the ECIR calculator it said she was food triggered insulin resistant.  Can you help me understand what Willow's test results mean for my horse's management? When you say high insulin = no grazing, what is high insulin? Many horses on this site have test results far higher than Willow had. And if I want to see if the grass is triggering, do I need to actually make sure she has grass the day before the test?  Also can you remind he how long she should fast before the test?

Huge thanks!
--
Pat
August 2020