Re: Mare diagnosed with EMS/IR

Lisa <lavoiestuff@...>

Thank you Sherry

Yes I agree on her current weight and body condition. I will monitor her weight as we go along on the cubes.

I will request blood work in the recommended time frame. My concern at this point it’s getting to the 3week point. What is your experience as to how long before seeing improvements once on approved diet?

She is so unstable on her hind quarters at this time and I am not certain my farrier is even going to be able to get her trimmed on Friday. And I know how crucial this is for healing.

Also, I have not yet put her on devils claw because I’m so afraid of any change that will exacerbate her condition.
--
Lisa M Lavoie
May 2022, Anderson CA

Case History: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Lisa%20and%20Jamie