Re: Cayuse's latest rads are uploaded - measurements added

Edited

I uploaded the measurements supplied by my vets that compare the two sets of May 2022 radiographs in the Photo Album. The  solar angle on the LF especially is steeper.  If I put the two rads side by side, I can see what they mean.
older: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photo/7296/3425390
newer: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/photo/7296/3433046
Should I rasp a tiny ramp at the heels or leave it for my trimmer in 2 weeks? I'm sure she's not wearing her heels the usual way, given her heavy nap schedule.

For those of us new at picking up a rasp with a laminitic horse, I want to say I underestimated how cooperative my horse can be when she's uncomfortable. Yesterday I was able rasp the breakover on both fronts. She was patient and helpful compared to her impatient normal self who expects it to be done in a snap. I'll work for a 45° angle with no toe shortening except for a couple of strokes to keep the hooves fitting in the boots.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator