Re: 31 yr old mare newly diagnosed PPID/IR

Hi Mary,
I wanted to weigh in on the symptoms vs numbers comparison.  I use symptoms a lot but …  I test ACTH several times a year and adjust the pergolide dosage to keep the test results low.  If I see symptoms which I know to be valid assessments of my horse’s PPID, I increase the dose a bit.  I never decrease the dose.  When you’re starting this journey, you have to do it totally by test results because you don’t have the experience yet to know what to look for.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo