Re: Ontario Balance Cubes ok before Insulin/glucose test?

Kirsten Rasmussen

I'm not sure your question was answered?  Maybe it was?  My take on it is that you can feed any type of forage, like hay, hay cubes, or pasture....if your horse normally eats these things.   If you feed the hay cubes you'll see how your horse responds to them in the bloodwork.  If you feed your hay,  you'll see how your horse responds to that hay.  Same with pasture.  I would feed your horse's normal forage because that will tell you what his insulin is like most of the time.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History