Re: Summer, Estrus Colic's and Ovarianectomy on PPID/IR horse

Nancy & Vinnie & Summer

Summer is schedule for surgery next Friday.  The Dr I spoke with was very informative and mentioned a small risk with a horse that had IR that had an ovarectomy that developed laminitis after surgery.

I am wondering if there is anything I can do to lessen the risk albeit small?

I did do a small bump of pergolide from 2.4mg to 3.0mg because I noticed some edema just near her teats and she paused shedding.  I am contemplating another bump to 3.6mg.

Thanks Nancy
--
Nancy and Vinnie and Summer
Oakley, Ca