Re: Zahr Update: Insulin and glucose results

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Mikaela,

Its difficult to get APF in Canada but I know one of our Canadian members looked into it a year or 2 ago and it was possible then.  You could try calling Auburn Labs to see if they have any ideas for sourcing it here.  Typically it is only given through the dose adjustment period as I believe it's quite expensive.  But some people do keep their horses on it long-term because it seems to help them so much.

Usually, without APF we recommend very slow titration in sensitive horses. ...ie, 1 or more weeks at 1/4 increase, etc.  That said, the higher the dose the horse is on already, the less of a veil they seem to get; it's as if they get used to it with time and exposure.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History