Re: One month post-laminitis status on Cayuse

I compiled a time frame that covers the last 5 ½ weeks since this episode started.
May 3 first emergency vet visit, first Xrays taken.
May 4-5 - first noticed urination pattern with small squirts. Urine culture ultimately negative.
May 10 Pain advanced to the point she had a classic laminitic stance when she tried to walk outside her stall. video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBsd9ElBCHk
 May 13 I noted Cayuse in estrus with frequent urination, winking and very hard crest.
May 16-19 walking in turnout in evening and leaving stall. Was being dosed with banamine. - video looking more comfortable. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2ZVd8QMRc
May 22- rocking back in classic laminitic stance after leaving half of overnight hay.
May thru end of month - ups and downs with pulses light on 5/31, when trimmed per mark ups. Sometimes refusing supplements but otherwise eating hay well and on full 300 mg Invokana dose
June 2-9 - progressively more sore, swaying side to side, dragging feet at boot changes. June 7 video shows hind end very sore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgGJhd2oTvg  Not eating well, refusing supplements, leaving some hay.

I've tested for UTI using two different test strips. Results all negative. Frequent urination is estrus or submissive behavior.
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator