Relevante - Insulin spike and I may have goofed on latest trim

Lynn

I had a vet visit scheduled for May 27 for vaccinations, blood draws and radiographs among other things. Sometime between the vet visit and my time with Relevante a few days earlier, he had a lightbulb moment. He figured out how to push the bottom of the animal enclosure-grade mesh fencing I had installed on the inside of his paddock straight out the other side and ate the grass along the front of his paddock. When I arrived for the vet visit he had a slight crest and was foot sore in his front feet. My vet used the hoof tester and found him reactive in both front feet. We weren't able to do radiographs because he couldn't stand on the wood blocks. ACTH and insulin was pulled.
Insulin - 22.39 ulU/mL
ACTH - 15.9 pg/mL - the lowest its been since he was diagnosed
I went to work with my 30 percent vinegar/salt solution and killed the grass a foot out from his fenceline and every speck of green inside his paddock that had sprouted up due to rain. His crest has receded and things seemed on track. With boots on the front feet I was able to hand walk him and he appeared to walk normally.
He was trimmed June 17. My farrier and I used the blueprint of a consult markup I did with Lavinia in May. Her markups included the following direction...

LH sole: Again, Solid blue lines run along the perimeter of the sole plane. The wall outside of them is detached and standing well beyond the sole plane , so needs to be removed. Lime lines are the same as on the dorsal sole plane view. Pink hashes are frog tags to remove. Blue hashes around the toe indicate to add a bevel to the underside of the foot.

RH dorsal sole plane: Same idea as the LH, with the lime areas being the flaking bar material that needs to be removed. Solid blue lines run along the perimeter of the sole plane, with the blue hashed areas needing to be brought inward and out of ground contact.

I think I may have taken that too far. He acted sore during the trim and kept wanting to lean back when my farrier was working on the back feet. I attributed a little of that to some residual soreness on the fronts from his sugar binge. However, his back feet were definitely sore from the trim. Once the trim was done he would periodically hold up the right hind in particular. Today when I went out (June 18) he was still quite sore to the point I couldn't ride or even hand walk him. I put his Soft-Ride boots on all four feet but had to have help getting the boots on the back feet because he couldn't/wouldn't lift them.  I wasn't able to get photos ...I'm guessing since I can't really see or get photos - but I'm thinking I may have been overzealous regarding this part.....Solid blue lines run along the perimeter of the sole plane. The wall outside of them is detached and standing well beyond the sole plane , so needs to be removed.   Even with the boots on he finally chose to go out into his paddock but was gingerly lifting the back feet.   I feel horrible. Is there anything I should/need to do?  My case history is up to date.

Also, my farrier had the following question....he wanted a better understanding of how you move the heels back without taking anything off the bottom.
If Relevante survives me it will be a miracle.

--
Lynn
Beavercreek, Ohio