Quick ??s re APF

Joy V

Hi group,

The vet came today and drew blood for another ACTH test.  He and I agree that he will raise Willie's pergolide dose if the result is the same or higher than the previous result in April.  (April result was 26 w/ lab ref range 1-40)

First, should I just get APF?  Or is APF PRO better?  Something else?

Also, when should I start APF?  I searched the messages and the files and got a ton of responses, but did not see when to start it;  i.e. two days prior to the first increase of pergolide? or one day?

Vet said he would increase the pergolide dose from 1.5mg to 2mg.  I assume I should go by .25 increases with a day or so in between each increase?

I'm reasonably sure the dose will be getting increased so I want to be ready.  Willie did have some veil symptoms last increase, so I'm hoping to avoid that.

Thanks all, in advance, for the help.  I'm grateful!

Joy
--
Joy and Willie (EC/IR)
Nevada County, CA - 2019