Heaves, Heat & Testing

millionairess1989

Jack has been having a really tough time with heaves causing prolonged wheezy respiration and often wide flaring nostrils. The entire month of June has mostly been in the mid to upper 90s with only a few days in the 80s. The heat and humidity are what really affect him.

He's turned out 24 hours with access to a run in shed. I've moved his daytime hay & water there. He's needed Albuterol so often that we're changing to compounded Clenbuterol since Ventipulmin isn't available. He gets a dose of Dexamethasone (usually around 2ccs) when he's really bad. I know that isn't ideal but it's better than not breathing. Luckily he has hooves like iron (knock on wood) to which my foot can attest. I've started Lung EQ twice daily, his hay is soaked, he gets 1 cup of ground flax with his beet pulp and is on 1.5mg of Pergolide.

Is there anything else that I can do to help him?
Will the weather, Albuterol and/or Dex, or the chronic heaves affect rechecking his ACTH, Insulin and Glucose levels?
I would like do do that soon to see if any of that is adding to the problem.

Thanks,
--
Jennifer in Middle TN  2010
 Millionairess 33 1/3 yrs Arabian-PPID, IR & Pacemaker Dependent; 2-13-89 to 6-11-22

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Millionairess

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Jennifer%20and%20Jack-TN%20Walker