Re: Fizzie Iris - Bad bad xray results - need urgent advice as to what can be done

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Mandy, there might be something you can do trim wise to make that left fore more comfortable before giving up.  I just wanted to add to Sherry's comment that although Fizzie's ACTH is in the normal seasonally adjusted range, in horses diagnosed with PPID we find they do best if we don't allow their ACTH to rise seasonally and keep in in the mid 20s or lower year round.  This means increasing pergolide before the seasonal rise to prevent it.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History