Re: Stopping Metformin…when to retest?

Anthie Booras

Edited

We did. It came down initially to the 50’s but she’s been back up in the 70’s/80’s with recent tests. I’ve been working on updating her case history but I haven’t had time to upload it yet. I did a whole series testing her while fasted, at 30 minutes post hay, at 2 hours, at 4 hours, and after 20 minutes of walk/trot. Best insulin of the 5 pulls was the post exercise at 44. All four previous were between 70 and 80. I should have added her insulin 30 minutes after being fed hay was lower than her fasted insulin which surprised me.
--
- Anthie

Northern California
August 2015