Re: Hooves look terrible ?? Need asssistance with hoof trimming with hoof mark-ups

a.k.a.petpalace2@...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement and additional information.  I may have just joined this group recently but I've been struggling with Apollo's hoof related health issues for more than a year.  I know I will get some flack for saying this but sometimes I'm tempted to just give up.  No matter what I do, nothing ever seems to be enough.  I do care about Apollo very much but it's emotionally, financially and physically exhausting at times trying to meet his many, seemly endless needs. I honestly didn't think it would be this hard for this long and if I had known, I'm not sure if I would have started because it seems no matter what you do, in terms of health, you've still dealing with an equine time bomb.  Unfortunately all this stress is affecting my health.  Had my post-op check-up today and although I'm doing well, my doctor says healing is a bit slow and that's probably because of my high stress level. Not sure how, but obviously I'm going to have to learn to deal with everything much better.  I'm actually not entirely comfortable posting these personal comments on this site as I'm normally a very private person and one of reasons I didn't joint ecir.groups.io earlier, but I'm doing so in case it helps someone else who's feeling discouraged, overwhelmed and exhausted.
--
Karen B.
Wisconsin