Re: Hooves look terrible ?? Need asssistance with hoof trimming with hoof mark-ups

a.k.a.petpalace2@...

Thanks for your kind and reassuring words.  I'm one of those people too, who takes care of their animals before themselves.  I haven't added up all I've spent either but I know it's a lot and cost keeps going up.  I think that's what is bringing me down the most, how much it costs to help Apollo and wondering how long will I be able to keep doing it, having retired this past January.  I've never been into wanting to have lots of money.  It certainly can't buy happiness, but it definitely "buys" choices.  Also, hoof trimming is not something I really want to do but if it will help, I'll do it.

You've been through a lot with Scotty.  Not every one can or will take care of a horse that needs that kind of help.  Some people won't even do it for their human family members.  I understand how strong a bond can be between animals and "their" people.  Not only horses but all kinds of animals have always had a special place in my heart and I've never turned away any needing help.  Probably why I have a menagerie of assorted species of animals, many of whom their owners no longer wanted.

And if memory serves me correctly, Deb, you are the one who told me about Kurt's Feed and Seed as a source of OD timothy balance cubes.  We bought a whole pallet, saved $12 a bag compared to where I had to special order it here in Wisconsin.  Was only 90 minute drive from our house and could haul full pallet on back of pick-up so didn't need to pull horse trailer which saved a lot on gas.  Thanks so much for the tip.

--
Karen B.
Wisconsin