Re: feeding prascend in a mix

Cindy Giovanetti

I open the capsule and put the medicated powder into the goat drencher tube dry.  Then I assemble the syringe and suck up a little bit of baby food (carrot, banana, and mango).  Shake well and let it sit for a while.

I have to sneak a rope around Eeyore’s head and very gently press his head against my thigh.  (He’s a mini.)  Then, you just have to get the tip between the lips.  Once that’s done, go in a little bit further and squeeze.  Then I give him a good scratch.

Eeyore is very sensitive, and I was afraid this would ruin our relationship.  But he understands this only happens once a day.  Yes, he avoids me at that time of the day, but I am persistently gentle, and proceed with the attitude that this is crucial for your health and not optional.  It simply has to be done.

Cindy

--
Cindy, Oden, and Eeyore, North Texas
On ECIR protocol since 2/19