Re: Hydration for recumbent horse (was Re: [ECIR] Solar Penetration)

Nicolle, I did not mean to suggest anaplasmosis is what you’re dealing with.  My guy had a high fever and it’s possible that laminitis might have developed but it did not.  My story was to let you know that the oxytet could be administered with care by the vet without having to use an iv set up.  Here, anaplasmosis is sometimes known as tick fever.  When I called the vet to ask for help, the first thing he mentioned was “tick fever”, which was not a term I’d heard before.  Testing confirmed his suspicions but we didn’t wait for the test results to start treatment.  Apparently not all cases of anaplasmosis develop a noticeable fever but this guy sure did.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo